Greg Robinson

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 38796
Property Name : MK Ranch
Reservation Date : 03/04/2024 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 9 LMB 12-16" 25 crappie 10-14"
Lures Used : soft plastics,micro beetlespins and jigs

Booked an all day trip with my father to catch some of the monster black crappie at MK. Unfortunately he cancelled at the last minute because he wasnt feeling well so it turned into a solo trip. Arrived at daylight to a full lake water temp was 65-70 with 2-3’ vis. The green snot grass is a issue it made fishing very challenging even for softplastics. I did a little bit of bass  fishing and caught a few mostly 14-16”  and a couple of dinks,but my main focus was the crappie and this lake has some slabs. The bite was really good early but died down later in the day. This lake also has some big bream i was catching them up to 10”  I found everything up shallow in 1-5’ i brought my light tackle with lots of beetle spins and other small bladed type lures and had a blast with them!! The few bass i caught came from watermelon paddle tail worms. I brought my own boat, but the pontoon boat on site is great and there are two trolling motors in the boat house as well just bring your own batterys. It was a great day of spring  fishing on club waters