Sandy Harris

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 38942
Property Name : Hickory Creek Ranch Lakes
Reservation Date : 03/08/2024 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 17 Bass - 41 Crappie
Lures Used : Micro B-Vibe, KVD Pink Soft Jerkbait, Chug Bug Baby Bass Color

Spur of the moment trip ahead of the front did not disappoint. I got to the lake around 1:30 pm and fished until 6:00 pm. I found the crappie hanging around the east side of the island. Using a 2-inch gold color micro B-Vibe, I caught 41 crappie, but I must have also caught 30 bluegill and bream while fishing for the crappie. I was using an ultra light for the crappie some of the bluegills put up a good fight. I caught 3 good bass around the island on the ultra light, which was very fun trying to keep them from breaking the 6 lbs line or pulling the hook. The other bass were all caught up shallow on the west bank and main dam. The largest bass was around 4 lbs, she was caught center of the main dam; Culled 7 and returned 10. I probably lost 10 more on short strikes or them throwing the hook. I caught a few bass on a pink KVD soft jerk bait. Most of the bass were caught on a Chub Bug baby bass colored topwater. This is my all-time favorite topwater bait (not the baby bass color thought, I chose it because it had a white bottom to match the natural frogs of the lake, my favorite color would be naturistic perch). The key to fishing is “slow”. Most people fish it way too fast, and it is not productive for them. I lost a good bass over the old pond dam at the opening of the west cove , which was a good one. She hit that chug bug like a freight train, my kinda fishing!

Mar 09 2024

Greg Robinson

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Awesome report Sandy this is probably my favorite lake. I love going there for the crappie and the lake is full of great bass. Did you by chance go to the back lake to see what kind of condition its in?