Mar 11 2024

Tri Vo

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 38932
Property Name : Tara Lake
Reservation Date : 03/10/2024 PM - 03/10/2024 PM
Total Fish/Sizes : 20
Lures Used : Chatterbait, Frog, Crankbait, Rattletrap, Trig creature, Swim jig, Swimbaits

We met the owner at the entry gate for Tara Lake. He’s a very nice older man. He said a lot of people have been fishing, but I guess I haven’t seen many posts. We fished from 1230-630 with a lunch break in between. Water clarity was up to 1'. The water temp started out at 60 degrees and went up to 65, but dropped to 59 at 6 pm. The bite was best around 3-4 pm. There's a lot of leaves suspended in the lake. Throwing baits with treble hooks was sure to pick up leaves in both shallow and deep water. It was quite annoying especially when one of my favorite bait's a rattletrap. Favorite colors were bluegill and black/blue & blue/watermelon. Chartreuse/white worked as well. My biggest were 18" & 20". I also caught quite a few dinks on this trip. They were chunky though. Snagged a forage fish too. We ended with 20 bass and 4 crappies. They were good hard fighters. Thank you owner and PWF!

Mar 12 2024

John Freeman

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Anytime it rains enough to put fresh water in there or stirs up debris mainly from that flat in front of boat ramp and sends it to the rest of the lake. It is annoying.  I have caught fish on a Ned in that flat, especially if you find a small limb. Something else happens when it rains enough to out water in that lake- it gets clearer. It's turbidity less for a few days until those gizzard stir it up again. Looked like a nice day on the water.