Greg Robinson

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 39033
Property Name : Hickory Creek Ranch Lakes
Reservation Date : 03/13/2024 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 18 LMB 30+ crappie
Lures Used : soft plastics,micro beetlespins and jigs

Booked an all day trip arrived at daylight. The lake is full water temps ranged from 65-67 lake  was very murkey with about 12’ vis the lake has a bit of a snot grass problem which it did not have last year. Action was great early on. My third cast landed my PB for this lake she was 6# and then a few 3’s and 4’s all on watermelon red paddle tail worms. All of the fish for the day came from the perimeter of the lake in 2-5’ of water. I always come prepared to catch crappie when i am here and found them stacked up around the island.I dropped anchor and threw ultralight tackle and caught probably 30 plus and many big ol bream. The crappie were very small ,but i managed 8 keeprs for the day. Later in the day i went to the back lake to see what its condition was. I was able to launch my boat and try my luck the lake is full,but the coontail that chocked up the lake over the summer is still a problem so its almost impossible to fish it and i only caught one little crappie. Thats unfortunate because this lake has lots of big bass in it. I did see the biggest snapping turtle of my life at the back lake its was every bit of two feet wide.