New boat at Lancaster Malouf!

Mar 19 2024

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

We replaced the club boat at Lancaster – Malouf with a brand new Tracker Grizzly.  It is a nice upgrade for members that use the club boat there.

The job boat that was there will stay in the club, we took it to Decatur – Briar Branch to replace the boat there.

Mar 19 2024

Jenny Mashburn

Fry

Number of Posts :

We didn’t use it but we saw it there last Saturday.  It looks amazing.  The 60+ fish we caught was also amazing.  :)   Jenny

Mar 20 2024

Greg Wadley

Fry

Number of Posts :

Hey Scott, will my 34lb trolling motor push the new boat ok? I have a Friday date and looking forward to it. Lakes not super big. Will be nice to have a front deck. Is there a butt seat, or will a standard butt seat work? I could bring mine. 

Mar 20 2024

Greg Wadley

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Jenny Mashburn

We didn’t use it but we saw it there last Saturday.  It looks amazing.  The 60+ fish we caught was also amazing.  :)   Jenny

What was working for you Jenny. I ususallly catch on paddletails and chatter baits over grass and wacky’s down in the grass or right on the grass edged. Fish never seem to relate that well to the trees there for me. 

Mar 20 2024

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Greg Wadley

Hey Scott, will my 34lb trolling motor push the new boat ok? I have a Friday date and looking forward to it. Lakes not super big. Will be nice to have a front deck. Is there a butt seat, or will a standard butt seat work? I could bring mine. 

Hi Greg,

The new boat is a simple jon boat. A standard issue 12 foot jon boat with 3 benches. No decking. Your 34 lb trolling motor should be just fine. (FYI, 34 lb seems like an odd number) Normally trolling motors are even starting with 30 moving to 40,45,50,55 lb. I dont recall a 34 or 35 lb trolling motor? Is it an older model 1970’s or 1980’s or a brand new model?

Steve

Mar 21 2024

Greg Wadley

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Steve Alexander

Hi Greg,

The new boat is a simple jon boat. A standard issue 12 foot jon boat with 3 benches. No decking. Your 34 lb trolling motor should be just fine. (FYI, 34 lb seems like an odd number) Normally trolling motors are even starting with 30 moving to 40,45,50,55 lb. I dont recall a 34 or 35 lb trolling motor? Is it an older model 1970’s or 1980’s or a brand new model?

Steve

Actually it’s 36lb thrust. New as of last year. Newports are a bit different than MinnKota. https://newportvessels.com/products/kayak-series-kayak-trolling-motor?variant=39562355441825

Mar 21 2024

Greg Wadley

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Greg Wadley

Actually it’s 36lb thrust. New as of last year. Newports are a bit different than MinnKota. https://newportvessels.com/products/kayak-series-kayak-trolling-motor?variant=39562355441825

Might be the NV series that has a 30” shaft. It’s in my truck and I can’t remember. Works great and comes with a breaker which is nice. I blew out my MinnKota because I was stupid and didn’t have a breaker off the positive lead.