Jordan Massey

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 39069
Property Name : Lee Lake
Reservation Date : 03/23/2024 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 63
Lures Used : Soft Plastics

My uncle and I were glad to see Lee Lake reopen.  We had a huge day here before it closed a couple years ago. The lake is still down about 8 feet or so but totally fishable and not too difficult to launch. We didn’t use the gravel ramp as the rock is still really loose and very steep. See my previous report from two years ago about that debacle. We launched next to the dock and had no issues. Fishing was tough for the first couple of hours, but about 10:00 or so they started to turn on. We caught a few on moving baits but there is a lot of milfoil in the lake and throwing anything that isn’t weedless was a challenge. We caught about 90% of our fish on wacky worms. Either in black & blue or watermelon red. The fish were on the bank but we didn’t see any beds. We caught two crappie and 61 bass. All of the bass we caught were harvested. All of the fish looked identical and were about a pound-ish range. 

Mar 25 2024

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

Thanks for the report Jordan, we were excited to hear they finally caught enough water for the lake to be fishable!  Hopefully more rain heading that way, when it fills back up we should get some new lake effect and have some great fishing.  63 fish is a big day, hopefully next time the big girls will be more active for you.