Bruce Bernard

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 38725
Property Name : Waco Creek Ranch
Reservation Date : 03/23/2024 All Day - 03/23/2024 All Day
Total Fish/Sizes : Bunch
Lures Used : Everything!

I made the annual trek to fish at the spectacular Waco Creek Ranch.  I normally make that trek with my best fishing buddy John Bedore but he took ill at the last minute and so I made the trip solo.

As usual the ranch, lake, boats and house were all in top shape! The weather was great and the fishing was as well.

The temps ranged from 48-78 and the breeze was 5-10 mph.  The water was clear in the main lake and muddy in the creek arms from recent rains.  The water was still 3-4 feet low but the lake was very fishable.  I fished for most of the day and caugh a ton of  fish mostly in the 3-6 poound range.  Chase baits worked  early and big lizards and big top waters were the ticket later in the day.   As has been the case the last few times red was the key color.

There is a ring of grass around the edge of the lake that make crank baits a bit of a challenge in the shallows.  The grass in the creek arms is about 1-3 feet deep making shallow running lures a good choice.

John, get ready for next year,I left them still biting!

Mar 25 2024

Mike Nicoloff

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Nice report.   I am not familiar with Waco Creek and just watched the video and looks like great property and  tons of cover around the lake to fish.   Even better that the boat comes fully equipped. I need to think about making the trek from the Dallas area And give it a try. 

Mar 25 2024

Steve Carpenter

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Mike Nicoloff

Nice report.   I am not familiar with Waco Creek and just watched the video and looks like great property and  tons of cover around the lake to fish.   Even better that the boat comes fully equipped. I need to think about making the trek from the Dallas area And give it a try. 

Beautiful remote property. If someone needs a partner to fish there, let me know. Less than 70 miles for me

Mar 26 2024

Bruce Bernard

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Mike Nicoloff

Mike,

If you could only fish one lake on the entire club to have a shot a a bunch of 3-6 pound bass with a pretty decent chance of catching an 8,9 or a 10.  This would be that lake!

Mar 26 2024

Bruce Bernard

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Steve Carpenter

Beautiful remote property. If someone needs a partner to fish there, let me know. Less than 70 miles for me

Steve,  I was trying to think of someone that could join me on short notice.  I will definitely keep you in mind!

Mar 26 2024

Steve Carpenter

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Bruce Bernard

Steve,  I was trying to think of someone that could join me on short notice.  I will definitely keep you in mind!

Ok. I am retired and do have time