Jim Curry

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 39196
Property Name : Waelder Heartbrand Ranch
Reservation Date : 03/24/2024 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 33 bass 5 cats
Lures Used : Chatterbaits

My friend Dean and I went fishing down at Waelder. Started off the morning with having to carry all of the trolling motor batteries over the fence and down to the boat a football field away cause it was locked. The boat was then filled to the brim with water and we had to scoop it all out with small bins. After that we got on the water and started slaying bass with chatterbaits all day. My friend caught 4 in a row on 4 casts. We caught 5 cats on the chatter and a bunch of bass.

Mar 25 2024

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

Hey Jim, sorry about the boat, it should have been flipped over and not caught all that water.  Will follow up with the owner on the lock situation, we haven’t had any issues like that before so not sure what happened.

Glad the fishing was good though, it is really fishing well right now!

Mar 25 2024

Jim Curry

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Scott Quigley

Hey Jim, sorry about the boat, it should have been flipped over and not caught all that water.  Will follow up with the owner on the lock situation, we haven’t had any issues like that before so not sure what happened.

Glad the fishing was good though, it is really fishing well right now!

For sure they ended up pulling up to the gate right as we unloaded everything and a random person had put the lock on their fence. Weird situation but they were helpful and cut the lock.

Mar 25 2024

Marshall Hogue

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Jim Curry

For sure they ended up pulling up to the gate right as we unloaded everything and a random person had put the lock on their fence. Weird situation but they were helpful and cut the lock.

We tried to move it on Saturday and it would not move. Didn't have anything to bail water with either except our water cups. Glad we bought our own boat or we would've just walked the dam. Most of our fish came from the dam area anyways.