Very Surprised with lake being heavily stained.

Mar 29 2024

Steve Alston

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 39279
Property Name : Julian Lake
Reservation Date : 03/28/2024 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 29 bass from dinks to 2.5 #
Lures Used : Yum Dingers 4" and 5" plus Crawls

1. Obviouly I was not aware of any recent down poors in the Winnsboro area due to the heavily staind lake.
  2. Clarity 5/6” although the lake is in great conditon. Would love to fish again when stain clears out.
  3. Wind was rediculous, blowing one direction and after anchoring down it would change 3 or 4 times to another direction. Mother nature having fun with me. 
  4. Hydrila throuh out the lake which makes sense why there are so many bass under 14” marvolus incubator.
  5. Bass were spawning everywhere along the shore line from bank to 30 ft out.
  6. I was amazed at how many nice size bass would take the bait like they were hooked and then move it off the nest. This sure was a lot of fun till they let the bait go, darn near fall out of the Yak. Lol
  7. I’m guessing 40 plus dink strikes with a few making it to the Yak.
  8. I was also surprised with the amount of strikes based on water clarity which was terrible.
  9. I’m sure a crank bait or rattle trap would have produced more fish, however thats like shooting fish in a rain barrow to a soft plastics guy. Lol
  10. This is such a shallow lake it will be interesting to fish when its hot and find where the fish are stagging at that time.