Edward Sevadjian

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 39250
Property Name : Grain Bin Lake
Reservation Date : 04/01/2024 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 0
Lures Used : Everything

The lake is very full with water clarity less than a foot.  We fished all over the lake without a strike.  Judging by recent reports of crystal clear water, I assume something happened here.   Windy conditions made piloting the Exxon Valdez difficult but it's manageable with enough trolling motor.  The lake did have a great population of blue wing teal in full plumage. 

Apr 03 2024

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

I fished there about a month ago and the water had a tint to it but was otherwise really clear.  I know when I went to this lake last year around this time they fertilized so perhaps it was that.  I know it has catfish as well and they can stir up the shallows when they spawn but that isn’t generally until the water is around 75 consistently, if not higher – I don’t think it has carp and I haven’t see any when I went there which would be the other fish type that can cloud water.

Apr 03 2024

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Edward/Joshua,

We fertilized 10 days ago and the bloom has kicked in. Yea!!! 

It was measured yesterday with a sechi disk and the visibility is near perfect at 19 inches. As far as the slow fishing day, not sure why, but the water is green to green brown and blooming. 

Steve

Apr 04 2024

Jim Johns

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Steve Alexander

Edward/Joshua,

We fertilized 10 days ago and the bloom has kicked in. Yea!!! 

It was measured yesterday with a sechi disk and the visibility is near perfect at 19 inches. As far as the slow fishing day, not sure why, but the water is green to green brown and blooming. 

Steve

Was there today – My white Horny toad turned green.  Definite heavy bloom going on for sure!  Maybe made it slow today as well, but man the top water bite early was on fire then everything kind of died off.  Had to punch grass to find them.  Fun place.