Apr 13 2024

Jason Lee

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 39417
Property Name : JerMar Lake
Reservation Date : 04/13/2024 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 30+, almost all culls
Lures Used : tx rig, spinner bait, swim jig, top water, chatterbait, squarebills

Arrived around 6am. Water viz: 4-6 inches. High winds throughout the day. 

Vegetation throughout the entire lake (and LOTS of it), a mix of dead/dying vegetation and healthy aquatic vegation 20ft+ away from the bank (I think it was coontail?), with moss/algae/snot grass in the mix. 

There were 5 of us today, but I was fishing mainly by myself and another friend, so I can’t speak on behalf of everyone else, but with the 5 of us, we’ve caught well over 30, the majority being culls. 

Some of the guys fished at the other smaller ponds, which yielded more fish catches than the main 10acre lake. I stuck mainly at the 10 acre, didn’t catch anything at the 3 acre. All except one of my catches were on the west side of the bank by the cattails. Swim jig produced the most bites.

Couldn’t really figure out a pattern, and I struggled finding the “it” bait. I managed to get 1 on a spinner, 2 on a swim jig, and a few on a creature texas rig. It was interesting that all of the things caught were green pumpkin, even though the water clarity wasn’t very good. They didn’t go for white or even black/blue.

Was able to look at the forage, and the majority were really small (1-1.5 inches), which makes me wonder if we didn’t get as many bites because we were throwing bigger lures. I’m thinking a small lipless or an underspin could be a good option for whoever is going out next. 

The hunt for the big ones continues...