Father/Son blowing around Toby Lake

Apr 15 2024

Chris Hamon

Fry

Number of Posts :

Another great day at Toby Lake.  My son and I got to see the sun rise and set on a beautiful property.  As usual for springtime in Oklahoma, the wind maching was cranking, but its almost always worth it.  I really dont know the exact count, but it was well over 50.  Its amazing the quality of fish in this lake.  Fish under 3 lbs are rare.  We probaly caught at least 10 fish over 5 lbs with the largest at 7.23 lbs. Texas rigging a blue Zoom brush hog seemed to be the meal ticket. Water temps were in the 65-67 range.  Most fish caught in 4 to 7 foot range.  Livescope can help with the submerged trees in deeper water.  We have fished this lake many times, and one thing we enjoy is the ever changing pattern this lake fishes.  I dont think any two trips have been the same, but when you figure it out, its always epic.  Thanks again to the landowner and PWF for having this property available.  

Also for those traveling, be sure to head West to Marlow for lunch.  Dicinto’s Pizza Cucina is as good as any pizza you will eat, and the salted carmel chocolate gelato is the perfect way to set up the second half of the day.

Apr 16 2024

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

Glad you and your son had a great day there Chris, awesome pics!  Thanks for the lunch tip, sounds great and I love finding hidden gems like Dicinto’s near our lakes.