Rick Svoboda

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 39150
Property Name : Toby Lake
Reservation Date : 04/18/2024 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 37 - biggest 7 Lbs. Best 5 29 1/2 lbs
Lures Used : Big spinner baits, Ned rig

Mike, a high school buddy and I fished from 11:30 to 6:00.  My high school buddy comes once a year from North Carolina to fish with us.  Water temp was 71 degress and water clarity was 2’.  It was a very windy afternoon which made it challengng, especially for my friend and me in the site’s boat.  We had a terrific afternoon.  We caught 37, all great quality fish.  The biggest was 7 lbs, caught by my buddy and was a new PB.  Our 5 biggest fish were 7, 6, and 3 that were 5 ½ lbs.  We also caught a number of 4 to 4 ¾ lbers, some 3’s and one big crappie.  Think the smallest fish we caught was 1 ½ lbs.  We caught several down by the dam, but most were caught out on a long flat in the middle of the lake in 4’ to 6’ along side the creek channel.  Slow rolling a big spinner bait really worked well, as did a Ned Rig.  Also caught a few on on Texas rigged fluke.  The site boat is great.  It’s long and wide enought for a couple of older guys to do well in.  Mike and I have fished this property a number of times and almost always have a great outing.