Travis Holland

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 38912
Property Name : Minor Lake
Reservation Date : 04/26/2024 All Day - 04/27/2024 PM
Total Fish/Sizes : 60 to 6.5 lbs
Lures Used : Frog, Swimbait, spinnerbait, juggle minnow

Myself and member Doug Lee fished Friday, 4/26 at Minor Lake. We started at day break and fished most the day until being pushed off the water by the massive storm that hit East Texas. 

The fishing was outstanding with almost all the fish in the 2.5-4 pound weight class. Our two biggest of the day was a 6.5 and 5.5 lb fish. The spinner bait was the most productive bait but we did catch some on almost everything we threw. We also caught 10 or so big black crappie but returned them to the lake.

I did scan a lot of the lake off the banks and didn't find much in the way of cover, depth or contour. Deepest part I found was around 13’ and no cover other than 2-6’ stumps that are scattered throughout. Water temp was 73 and viz was around 1.5’.

While leaving the property, we had a large pine tree fall and block the road. I moved it as much as I could and tried to go around it. We ended up getting stuck up to the frame. Luckily, Scott was able to get ahold of the landowner and he had a neighbor bring his tractor and save the day. FYI- if heavy rain hits, the east Texas dirt turns to soup. 

We cut our trip short a day due to the soggy conditions of the property. I didn't want to create anymore ruts for the owner to deal with. This lake is a great addition to the club. If you want a lot of numbers of good sized fighters, this is the place!

Apr 29 2024

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

So glad you were able to get out of there, sounds like it was a crazy storm!  The fishing there is outstanding, glad you got to get a taste of it before the weather hit.