Al Burns

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 39647
Property Name : Little A Lake
Reservation Date : 04/26/2024 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 9
Lures Used : texas rigged plastic worm

I was only able to fish 45 minutes at Little A before the lightining moved in. The wind was a very strong 20-25 mph blowing directly at the jon boat launch site so I figured I would walk the perimiter of the lake and cast out beyond the perimiter weed mat. I was fishing a Texas rigged plastic worm. I had walked over to the east side of the lake and found a small spot where the perimiter weed column wasn’t so thick. In the 45 minute time I was able to fish I caught 9 bass from that specific location. 2 culled / 7 returned. Lightning banks moved in and so I thought I would wait out the storm in my truck. After 3 and a half hours in the truck with very high winds, lightning, and torrential rain I realized it was a lost cause. I kept checking the weather radar map on my phone but the storm track kept changing and stayed focused between Wills Point and Terrell moving towards the northeast. What was heavy rain and lightning evetually became a tornado conditions. Anyway, it was a lot of fun while the action lasted. They were hitting that plastic worm as soon as it hit the water.