Need sometips for Leesburg

Feb 03 2013

Jay Reese

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Just fished Julian on 2-2-13 didn’t catch a fish. I did break my trolling motor prop within first 15min maybe spooked fish or maybe because of recent cool front. I tried everything I could think of. Spinnerbaits chatterbait red rattletraps several colors of senkos Texas rigged worms. Read reports everyone posted guess lakes and fisherman can have bad day I guess had one light strike. Liked property may try again in month or so. Anyone’s insight would be appreciated. Noticed lake was very shallow mostly could vibration from broken prop spook fish I will carry spare prop from now on.

Posted By: Jay Reese

Feb 03 2013

Steve Alexander

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Jay,

Hopefully, Don Altwein will chime in. Don fishes Julian at least 10 times a year and has for many years. He knows the lake better than anyone. I have fished Julian at least 4 or 5 times and have always had good days. I have never boated any big fish, most of the fish are 1.5 to 2 lbs; and you usually catch 15 to 30 fish a day. Julian is one of the most consistent lakes in the club.  This is a lake we often recommend to first time members as it is a beautiful, has a boat with trolling motor and battery furnished, consistent producer of fish and our members often meet some of the finest landowners in the club; Mr. and Mrs. Julian. I think you caught it on a freaky slow day.

Feb 03 2013

Don Altwein

Fry

Number of Posts :

The lures you mentioned using generally all work for me at Julian.  I have the most success with chartreuse chatterbaits and spinnerbaits, Senko worms either Texas rigged or wacky rigged.  I like the Senkos that are half black and half red shad colored. I can’t remember the last time I caught a fish on a crankbait.  Usually the weeds get in the way of crankbaits.

Feb 03 2013

Jay Reese

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Appreciate it Steve. I had read some previous reports and felt I had pretty good idea how to fish the lake. Had one real light strike and that was it fished picked up bait and dropped immediately that was it. Water temp was 55 degrees in afternoon fished senkos as slow as I could stand to rolling Spinnerbaits just fast enough to make blade turn chatterbait as well. Guess thats why its called fishing and not catching lol.