Marshall Beaver Pond

Jun 03 2013

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Fished Beaver the morning of 6/2 with two members and we caught 22 fish. Biggest two were 4.2 and a 4.4. Most fish came on frogs in the grass, creature baits in the grass or square bills in the open water. The grass and pads have gotten thick in the northern 1/3 of the lake. About 1/3 of the lake is covered with dense grass and pads. The grass in this area is too thick for the trolling motor to power through, so you must paddle to get through. I felt like we lost some bigger fish in the deep grass. You must get the fish up quick as a big fish will take you down quick and make getting her out of the grass a challenge. We had two bigger fish that powered down in the grass that we lost. Fish the old pond dam which is just 50 yards in front of the boat launch. It can be identified by grass that comes to the surface and is in the shape of a crescent moon. Road bed in the NE corner is now a challenge to get to. For those of you who do not know where the road bed is or not noticed it, it is 25 to 50 yards north of the large silver feeder in the water.

Posted By: Steve Alexander

Jun 03 2013

Eli Deal

Fry

Number of Posts :

I know exactly what you mean by the “crescent moon” grass line!!  When Joey and I fished there a few weeks ago, we didn’t have much luck that morning till we got by that area. Was pretty much junk fishing when we came up on it. Remembered I had some Havock Grass Pigs in watermelon seed. First cast BAM!!!!  From 9:30 till 11:30 I caught between 10-15 within the 2.5-4lb range. Was swimming them just under the surface. We went around the “crescent moon” 3 times before they figured us out!!  Those lakes are great, we will def be going back!!