Great Fathers day outing at Heartland 10-10

Jun 17 2013

Bruce Bernard

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

I had a great outing with my father and two brother’s over father’s day weekend.  We fished Leaky lake Saturday and caught 60 bass mostly 1.5 -3.5 lbs..with one 7 pounder thrown in for good measure.  Caught them on watermelon or red shad soft plastics or lipless crank baits.  We fished mostly in the morning and then again last couple of hours before dark.

Fished the AM at Hog Trough and caught fish steadily all morning same bait combination with plastic frogs added to the mix.  overall the fish were slightly larger on average at Leaky but strikes came quicker at hog trough.  We caught 65 in 6 hours of fishing.

Boats on these lakes had excellent boats that are very well rigged.  The cell number helpline on the boat was extremely helpful as I tripped a breaker on the trolling motor early Saturday morning and got some much needed assistance on getting back to fishing.  (Sorry for the early morning call!) 

Conditions on these lakes are both very good.  Water is clear to 2-3 feet and grass is present enough to make for some good bass hiding places without being obtrusive to fishing.

We stayed in the cabin and the set up was perfect for our foursome.  Very large TV was perfect for keeping up with the college world series and the overall setup was very nice.

Posted By: Bruce Bernard