A Bitter Sweet Ending at Julian Lake

Jul 07 2013

Reggie Thomas

Fry

Number of Posts :

My first fishing trip as a PWF club member had a bitter sweet ending.  I took my wife and kids to this lake to let them wrestle with some medium size bass and was a little dissappointed.  The lake was very hard to fish due to the aquatic vegetation. So we changed targets and decided to try for some Crappie using live shinners in the only open area we could find.  By the end of the evening, we had 54 crappie (some white and but mostly black) and 4 small bass.  Not to mention the 5 bass we released, all around 17 inches including a 17.5 inch 3.5lber my baby girl landed using a small reel n rod.  Not how I envisioned when we left home, but the wife and kids truely had a blast.  In the end, that was the purpose of the trip to Julian Lake.  Also I would like to give a big Thank you to Mr. and Mrs. Julian and their dog Sam for all their wonderful hospitality.  Thanks!  Reggie T.

Posted By: Reggie Thomas

Jul 08 2013

Steve Alexander

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Good catch Phillip. Reggie, Phillip is correct, we prefer our members not to use live bait. We do not want fish to get accustomed to a negative reaction (hook set) when they are feeding on live prey. Be surprised how many bass can be caught on live shinners.

Jul 08 2013

Reggie Thomas

Fry

Number of Posts :

WOW! Sorry I miss that one.

Jul 09 2013

Steve Alexander

Keeper

Number of Posts :

It is OK, no biggie.  We had a few calls and e-mails from concerned members. I assured them all is OK and it was an innocent mistake. I love the fact that our members follow the rules and respect the land that we lease. Rarely, do we have any issues and for that we are very fortunate. Thanks for being a great group!