Marshall 10-10

Jul 17 2013

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

I typically don’t post reports, because some might feel I'm a little biased :). But, the owner of 10-10 called and said fishing was good. I drove out last night, stayed in the trailer with a couple of friends to fish the AM.  We caught 50+ fish in 6 hours with several over 4 lbs and a 6 lb kicker.
The best bite came in open water near the dam on crankbaits. We threw plastics and frogs and caught a few. The fishing was pretty idiot proof and required not a lot of skill. Just chunk and wind. We were throwing square bills with 17 lb flourocarbon. (kind of heavy, but there is lots of timber). Best color squarebill crankbaits were the bluegill colors over sexyshad or tennesse shad. Lost a big one at the boat!

Posted By: Steve Alexander

Jul 18 2013

Jackson Bean

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

That’s funny my phone didn’t ring.  ;)  Which lake Steve?  Leakey?

Jul 18 2013

Steve Alexander

Keeper

Number of Posts :

We fished HomePlace. Decided to fish with two buddies, who are not part of PWF. Big fun and lots of laughs until one of my friends caught a crankbait hung above water; pulled hard and it shot back like a missle. Stuck him and burried the barb in his chest. My other friend was a doctor and he stuck him with a numbing agent and did surgery to get it out. It was burried deep. Cut our trip a little short.

Last time I fished with Jackson (El Salto) he kicked my butt.