Info on Ellington Tree Farm

Aug 14 2013

William Fetech

Toad

Number of Posts :

I will be traveling to Houston next week on business and will have a free afternoon.  I am looking for anyone who has fished this property that can provide any details.

Bill Fetech

Posted By: William Fetech

Aug 16 2013

John Egan

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

I live in Houston, but unfortunatley have not fished there in 2 years so I am unaware of current conditions. In the past, I bank fished Wave Worms rigged wacky style with moderate success. Good luck. 

Aug 16 2013

Tony Oviedo

Fry

Number of Posts :

Hey, I fished with yu at gallant elms a while back when I was in the SA home.  I spend most of my time in Houston and have fished here a couple of times with inconsistent success.  I have had success with a shallow crank bait by the cement, dark lizards and worms by the NE corner in the big lake.  In the small lake with grass pigs in dark colors.  All fish were good and never have caught ant Dinks.  But I find this location to be tough fishing or maybe I just haven’t figured a pattern.  I’d love to fish with yu but will be working during week.  Good luck.

Aug 16 2013

William Fetech

Toad

Number of Posts :

John. Thanks

Bill

Aug 17 2013

William Fetech

Toad

Number of Posts :

Tony. Good to hear from you. It appears there is a small plastic boat and a Jon boat. Have you used either one?
If you ever make it to SA, give me a call.

Bill

Aug 19 2013

Bruce Bernard

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Bill, I have fished 12 of the club lakes.  I found the fishing at Ellington to be the toughest of any of the lakes. The best fishing was right along the concrete rip-rap.  Need a couple of anchors to really make this work if the wind is blowing.  I brought my own boat so I can’t speak to the condition of the club boats.  All the best!

-bruce

Aug 19 2013

Tony Oviedo

Fry

Number of Posts :

Bill, I use my bass buster most of the time but the two boats they have there are in decent shape.  I have used the john boat once.  I would agree with Bruce, it is one of the toughest places to be successful but when you are on the fish are big and strong. 

Aug 19 2013

William Fetech

Toad

Number of Posts :

Thanks for all the comments.

Bill