Cody Ranch Group Trip

Apr 03 2014

Jackson Bean

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

The group trip to Cody Ranch was a huge success.  We put names to faces and got to fish a great property.  We were averaging over 20 fish a day out of my boat and that was specifically targeting the big fish.  Cory, Marty and I got to swap fishing advice and ended up learning quite a bit from each other.  While we didn’t get a wall mounter, we caught a lot of really healthy, chunky fish.  The water temps were still pretty cold ranging from 52 degrees in the morning and up to 60 degrees in the heat of the day.  The fish were biting just about anything.  Spinner baits, weightless plastics, swim baits and Texas rigged plastics probably did the best.  We rounded out the experience with a great fish fry.  Zach and Paul really stepped up to the plate and prepped close to 100 pounds of fish.  Chris was a whiz in the kitchen getting the sides lined up and kept the top shelf margaritas coming.  Richard caught the largest fish of the trip with a 5.7 pounder on Twin Lakes North.  I think we are already discussing a fall trip to go get some topwater action.

Tight Lines Gents,
Jackson

Marty Newman caught this nice fish on Twin Lakes North.

Paul Milwood caught this nice 4-10 out of Peach Creek Lake.

Jackson Bean on Crabgrass Lake

Paul Milwood was the group fish cleaning guru!

Chris Casner kept the margarita glasses full, and the sides ready for the fish fry!

The whole group minus Cory Marver (Jackson Bean took the picture) about to chow down!

Posted By: Jackson Bean

Apr 03 2014

Marty Newman

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

I had a great time.  Thanks for organizing this Jackson.

Apr 04 2014

Chris Casner

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Great trip, great people.  Thanks to everyone.

Apr 10 2014

Zach Milwood

Fry

Number of Posts :

Definitely a great time, and enjoyed meeting everyone!  We should put one of these trips together once a quarter and hit different properties each time.  I’m ready to put another one on my calendar!  Thanks to Jackson for organizing this one.