Heartland Beaver 4/19

Apr 22 2014

Zach Milwood

Fry

Number of Posts :

Paul Milwood and I fished Beaver Lake at Heartland Saturday morning.  We had barely cloudy skies and for the most part of the morning the lake was as still as glass.  Arriving at the gate right behind us was the ranch hand Craig, who was as friendly and helpful as could be.  We followed him to the lake, where he already had the boat in the water ready to go.  He gave great advice as well, the best of which was to work the boat dock in the middle of the lake.  This was where we caught 90% of our fish.  Unfortunately we couldn’t find any other patterns.  The lake was filled with grass, and was constantly clogging up the trolling motor.  Lots of lily pads in a horseshoe pattern from the central boat dock to the shore, and we caught a few on the outskirts of that band.  Most of the fish caught were dinks, however, Paul managed to catch a 5lbs 3oz girl by the central boat dock and won big fish for the day.  :-)
One other thing worth mentioning.  These fish are the best fighters of any lake I’ve ever fished in the club.  Their strength is incredible, regardless of size.  Had a great time fishing with my pops there, just wish I could have caught the big girl!  :-)

Posted By: Zach Milwood