Descent day at Waco Creek Ranch 6/27

Jun 28 2014

Gary Guinn

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

I fished with member Richard Tedder on Friday and had a good day catching quality fish.  Great lake to fish it was our first trip… most all of our fish were caught on edge of vegetation.  We used mainly buzz baits and plastic crawl and worms. Most fish were in the 2.5-4.5 range.  Largest was 4.8 sure thought we would catch a big fish, but that’s life.  Ended up with 35 total with 10 harvest fish.  First time not fishing in my own boat without electronics that was a little different, but the boat we fished from was fine.

Posted By: Gary Guinn

Jun 29 2014

William Fetech

Toad

Number of Posts :

Gary. Welcome to the club. Several years ago I had the same problem. I purchased a small, inexpensive Garmin fish finder. It is designed to be portable and quickly attach to a trolling motor. I keep it attached with a large hose clap to my portable trolling motor when I fish properties with just a boat. When I fish properties with boat and motor, I bring the unit and several large zip ties just in case the clap does not fit the motor. I also bring a small lawn mower battery (it weighs about 10 lbs) just in case the batteries on the boat are to far to reach. My unit does not have all the features of the a larger unit, but only cost about $120.

Bill Fetech

Jun 30 2014

Gary Guinn

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

guys thanks for the info… I have 2 Lowrance fish finders on my boat, so probably will just wing it if I go back since Waco Creek is probably the only club lake with the boat rule.