Great August trip

Aug 26 2014

Kelly Denham

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

I fished Cody Ranch Twin Lakes on Sunday, August 24th from about 7am till 2pm. I had a great time, caught plenty of fish with the biggest going just over 5 on my handheld scale. This girl was wicked mean and almost took the rod out of my hands as a texas rigged lizard landed on her brush pile. I caught around 20 and had steady action all day. This is exactly what I was looking for as I poured over old reports looking for the right location. It has no coontail so it's not as hard to fish.  It does have american pondweed (I believe).  This stuff floats and fish will relate to it. It's also a thousand time easier to fish than coontail. 

Best pattern was a texas rig lizard up on the edges.  I would pop the rod to get the weighted bait to move a few leaves and make a little commotion. Once it fell off the edge if a bass was close, she hammered it. I did this till it stopped being fun and then went to the deep brush piles. Same lizard and a red shad worm contained to produce over and in the brush piles. I didn't catch any dinks and the lake description about low bass density but solid fish was right on the money.  Caught only 3 on a chatterbait and gave up on the frog with no blow ups. 

The grassy area by the launch looked like virgin snow. No ruts or tire tracks to see. It was clear no one had been there recent or regularly. At 170 miles from the gate to my driveway this is the same distance as my driving to Gilmer or those areas. I've found a new lake I plan to fish regularly and this was exactly what I hoped to find when I joined. 

Posted By: Kelly Denham

Aug 27 2014

Kelly Denham

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

I guess I forgot to mention it. I stayed on South lake. The north lake was probably 60 percent chocked back with Lilly pads and south just looked so inviting! 

Aug 27 2014

Thomas E. (Tom) Dillon

Toad

Number of Posts :

Nice report, Kelly. Thanks for the info!