Not a Bad Day at South Twin

Oct 08 2014

Tom Dillon

Toad

Number of Posts :

Today (Wednesday, Oct 8th), I fished South Twin. The bite was OK - I boated about 35 fish.  I think that the bass must be cruising all over the lake, from shallow to deep, and that was why I couldn’t establish a good pattern. I did get a couple of nice fish on hollow-body frogs in the dollar pads, one on a buzz bait in the big pads, and a 5-06 on a green pumpkin Biffle Bug. It hit on a cast I made onto a big flat to get loose line off my reel. I caught 11 over 3 pounds, 10 between 2 and 3, and 10 between 1 and 2 pounds. I did break off a couple, but with all that sunken timber, who knows how big they might have been? All of the bass hit either the Biffle Bug or T-rigged worms. Nothing on Rattletraps, Zaras, Yellow Magic, or jig & pork. Not a bad day, but it certainly didn’t meet my big fish expectations for that lake. It was a delightful day to be on the water, though. In spite of a gusty breeze, most of the day was either partly cloudy or mostly overcast. The water temperature was 69° early, and climbed to 70°  around noon.

Posted By: Tom Dillon

Oct 08 2014

Seth Knochel

Admin

Number of Posts :

I think it's fair to say certain "somebody" might be getting spoiled by Cody Ranch when you say 35 fish means the bite was just "ok".....smiley

Oct 09 2014

Tom Dillon

Toad

Number of Posts :

Could be, Seth…..could be. laugh