Windy at Cody Ranch

Oct 29 2014

Tom Dillon

Toad

Number of Posts :

I fished South Twin yesterday, and the wind made it virtually impossible to control my little "pond boat." I spent much of my time either trying to get my brush hooks onto (and off of) stumps or limbs that wouldn't break off, or anchoring with two mushrooms. Still, I managed to catch 13 good fish - none under 14", and the largest was 4-06. One big bluegill hit n 8" worm. The bass hit worms, craws, Biffel Bugs, old Tornado spinnerbaits, buzz baits, and Rattletraps. Not one hit on a Senko that I could tell was a hit - the waves and sky made it extremely difficult to be a "line watcher." This was my poorest catch so far at South Twin. I did catch a 2-08 from the dam at North Twin and one about 2-00 from the dam at Moonshine, both on a white buzz bait. Still, it was an enjoyable day in spite of the wind. I forgot to even notice the water temp, but when I left The Cabin this morning, the outside air temp was 37°! Steve Cody did stop by the lake while I was fishing, and we talked a bit. Nice guy.

Posted By: Tom Dillon