What happen then?

Mar 07 2015

Reggie Thomas

Fry

Number of Posts :

Back in the early to middle part of February, we had a couple of weeks of very warm weather and it appeared someone had this lake reserved for a weekend.  I am just trying to get a report of what the lake looks like and if any fish were caught that particular weekend. 

Posted By: Reggie Thomas

Mar 08 2015

Robert Lundin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

It wasn't me but in past years February was great fishing at Julian.  I would start with a  red half ounce spinner from the dock. Get in boat go north and carefully throw a shallow running red crankbait.  Then moving over to the island throwing watermelon or red Shad flukes.  Then move to the south end throwing the same. Finally move along east side working the shoreline down timber and back behind you the old fence line.   The east shore line is where we always caught the largest fish (6 lbs).  Most fish in the 2 to 3 pound range.  You should do well as it is a dark water and shallow and warms up fast.  I bet that water is going over the spillway.  You should end up with around 25 fish.  Some folks have thrown chatterbaits and done well.  Have fun.

Mar 08 2015

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

The Resevation was made by Don Altwein. Don fishes this lake 10-12 times a year, more than anyone in the club. Don, usually does not post reports. If you would like to call Don, call the club office and we can put you guys in touch with each other.

Mar 10 2015

Frank James

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reggie, I have fished Julian a few times.  It has a lot of fish, including some nice ones.  Quite shallow and full of brush, weeds get to be a real issue here by May.  Early season fishing is best in my experience, though it is possible to catch fish in the summer, too.  Huge area of bluegill spawning beds between the island and the old dock get active as the water warms, excellent flyfishing opportunity.

Apr 10 2015

Reggie Thomas

Fry

Number of Posts :

Sorry guys for being MIA, but things got a little hectic with working weekends and traveling.  Unfortunately I still haven’t been able to get out to any of the PWF lakes yet, but I was looking at this coming Monday or Tuesday but its rain in the forcast again.  I appreciate all the input you guys gave.  Thanks again.