Boatwright is about right

May 04 2015

Michael Lynds

Fry

Number of Posts :

Member Lou Lawrence and I visited Lake Boatwright for our first time on Sunday, May 3.  We had a little trouble getting the lock to work on the gate but a huge Thanks to Steve for taking an early morning call and getting us on the property.  We really appreciate the service PWF provides and helping members enjoy time on the lakes.  The drive to the lake was dry but the red clay would be very slick if it was wet and you would mostly likely need 4WD.  The lake is surrounded by tall pines which make for a quiet and peaceful visit.  The lake was full.  Water was stained a rootbeer color with about 2-3 ft visibility.

Now to the fishing - we caught about 25 between us.  All were between 1 - 3 lbs.  Culled 4.  The fish did seem very skinny.  I can tell there is some effort to grow the fish with a couple active feeders.  Fished mostly soft plastics weedless.  If you fished heavy weight or exposed hooks near shore or in shallows then you just catch grass.  The deep areas were about 20-23ft.  Didn’t have any luck fishing the deep.  Caught most near shores in the grass. 

Thanks again Steve for all you do for the club.

Posted By: Michael Lynds

May 04 2015

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Michael, I have the best job in the world, I few early morning phone calls don't hurt. Normally, I'm up anyway.

I'm glad we caught you in. The lock had an issue two trips ago, no issue last trip, and an issue with your trip, sounds like we need a new lock. One coming soon.

May 04 2015

Chris Harriman

Fry

Number of Posts :

IMO ...think that lock needs a longer shank…tight fit there.  Glad y'all were able to make it in, 4 days without rain must have been the trick, was mud slick crazy when i traveled it.