Good Day at Cody Ranch

Jun 07 2015

Marty Newman

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Took my cousin to Cody Ranch yesterday for a half day of fishing.  Pulled out of my driveway at 3:42 am and had the boat launched and on the water by 6:30.  It wasn't a huge numbers day, but steady action with quality fish on various baits, but mostly weightless Rage Tail Craw and Senko's.  My highlight was a solid 3lb fish that breached completely out of the water to take a Spro Frog dragged through the lily pads.  Awesome.  I'm not good at counting, but I probably caught 10-12 fish with the largest 5 plus pounds, one other 4 lb and no dinks.

My cousins highlight:  We fished Twin South until about 11:00 then loaded the boat and decided to fish Twin North from the bank before heading home.  From the dam, he hooked a nice fish on a Senko and it wrapped his line on a log just in front ot the bank.  He could see the fish and new it was probably a personal best for him (previous PB of 4lbs).  So, emptied his pockets and waded in, water was up to his arm pits, but he got the fish loose, got back to the bank and weighed the fish, a quick picture and released.  You can see in the picture the water line on his clothes.  Oh, yeah, the fish was 7lb 10oz.

Posted By: Marty Newman

Jun 07 2015

Tom Dillon

Toad

Number of Posts :

What a great story for a new PB, Marty! Congratulations to your cousin. Glad y'all had a successful day.

Tom