Boatwright - 7/3/15

Jul 06 2015

Marshall Hogue

Fry

Number of Posts :

My wife Laura and I fished Friday 7/3/15 from around 6:45 till 11:30 am. Would have liked to have been on water earlier but first time there was nice to see road driving in. We ended up catching about 22 total and kept 12. They fried up real nice. Lost 3 at boat, all 3 undersized and the rest were right at 16". Laura caught the biggest and all of hers on a handmade small topwater popper in chartreuse and purple. I caught mine on different baits, couple on spinner baits and my own hand poured senkos. No bites on frogs or buzz baits.

Lake is in great shape, lots of moss/grass right at surface in all the shallows but there are big drop offs to deep water not far from shore. The channel is very deep, I marked 20' in most deep areas of the channel and it runs all the way up in the shallow creek from the dam. Water is really clear and slightly tea colored. It is very secluded and lots of great scenery.

14' boat is real nice, we never got in each others way. Wind was strong all morning and made it difficult at times to stay in areas.

Will be back in fall as moss and grass dies back.

I sure enjoy fishing with my wife even if she does catch bigger fish than me.

Posted By: Marshall Hogue

Jul 11 2015

William Fetech

Toad

Number of Posts :

Marshall. It has been awhile since we have fished together. I still have the spinner bait you gave me at Blackjack. If you are ever in the San Antonio area, send me an e-mail at wfetech@2fastmail.com

Bill Fetech