Hot day on Boatwright

Jul 28 2015

John Bedore

Fry

Number of Posts :

My son Robert and I fished Boatwright Lake on Saturday PM from 5:30 PM (99 degrees) to 8:30 PM (98 degrees).  The fishing turned out to be just as hot as the day.  We managed to land 49 fish and harvested 36 under 14 in.  we caught nothing over 17 inches but had a lot of fun on lighter tackle.  Fish hit Fat Albert grubs and wacky worms.  This lake is beautiful but full of small fish.  It will require a couple of years of harvesting all of thes little guys before it begins to pay off with quality fish.  a perfect place to take some kids and let them fill the freezer. 

Posted By: John Bedore

Jul 28 2015

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Great report. We have some lakes where you may only catch 5 fish all day, but one could be a fish of a lifetime. And we have lakes like this; where the fish are smaller, but it is all you can catch. I trust this is one of the many benefits of being a member of Private Water Fishing.

Jul 28 2015

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

On a similar note, I taught my nephew to fish plastics at Canton Kickapoo. It is a lake where you can catch all you want and the small fish are very aggressive. It gives an inexperienced angler a chance to feel that thump thump often. As they gain experience, they learn how to feel the more subtle bite. We have harvested more than 150 fish at Kennard this year. We have another 450 to go for this year. Please bring a kid or an inexperienced angler at teach them how to "worm fish" at Kennard. Great place to learn!

Jul 28 2015

James Mathis

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Steve:

We've decided to fish there next Thursday, so we'll see what we can do to help!  I've run out of bass filets!

Jim Mathis