Small Fish at Cody Ranch

Sep 13 2015

Tom Dillon

Toad

Number of Posts :

Brad (a Ft Worth guest) and I fished South Twin Saturday from first light until around 5:30, ending up with 25 or 26 bass, all over 14". My first fish was a long, thin 4-pounder, which ended up being the big fish of the day. My bass hit Ribbit frogs, hollow-body frogs, weightless Senkos (wacky rigged), and creature baits  in black/blue flake and green pumpkin/orange flake. We left there and drove to the Cabin, launched again, and fished until dark on Moonshine, where we caught 6-7 bass, all over 14".  Brad wanted to fish finesse tackle today, and really liked Moonshine - so we elected to fish there this morning instead of driving over to the Hart Lakes. Today, I was delighted to see that there are very, very few lily pads on Moonshine. Our tally today was 26 bass up to just under 5 pounds (Brad's fish) - again, we caught nothing under 14". Our results were what I expected from the latest electroshock survey. Brad caught his fish off the dam using blue and green worms and green Fat Ikas, but mine were mostly from deeper water. Mine hit jig and pork eel, Pit Boss, Alabama rig, a C-rigged worm, spinnerbait, buzzbait, magnum hollow body frog, and weightless Senkos. The Moonshine fish were all short, fat, and fought extremely hard. Overall, it was a nice weekend. I think Brad is going to join PWF after seeing and fishing Cody Ranch. Photos below are of Moonshine.

Posted By: Tom Dillon

Sep 13 2015

Danny Renfro

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Did yall stay overnight in the cabin?

Sep 13 2015

Tom Dillon

Toad

Number of Posts :

Sure did.

Sep 13 2015

Danny Renfro

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

How was it temp. wise?  With no ac.

Sep 14 2015

Tom Dillon

Toad

Number of Posts :

Danny, it was very warm inside, even with the main room back windows open. Unbearably hot in the small bedroom until I  opened my windows and turned on the ceiling fan.I slept very comfortably with only a sheet on me. Then again, it did get down into the 50s,