New PB at Cody Ranch.

Sep 22 2015

Danny Renfro

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

I fished the hart lakes all day at Cody Ranch on 8-28-15.  I bounced back and forth between the 2 lakes throughout the day. To make a long story short, I caught a 8lb 2 oz, 6lb 6oz, and a 5lb 12 oz all at the lower hart.  The upper hart was even better. I netted a 7lb 12 oz, and 7 lb 9oz within about 15 min of each of about mid afternoon.  Then before dark, i landed a 10lb 5 oz monster, which was my new personal best. It was one heck of a day. I caught several others in the 3-4 lbs range, and about 50 fish total throughout the day.  All the big fish were caught on top water.  

I took my 9 yr old nephew, back last sat.  9-19-15.  We did not have the luck with the big guys.  The 2 biggest we caught were  a little over 5 lbs each.  But we caught 67 fish total, 23 of them were dinks.  But a majority of 2,3, and 4lbers.  One of the 5 lbers came from peach creek, and the other from crabgrass.  We culled the most from moonshine lake.  Most of the fish i caught were on topwater. I caught one of the 5lbers on a 7" ABT suicide glide bait. 

I consider the Cody Ranch my "home lakes". It's closer to me then any other of the lakes.  Only about a hr and 15 minutes away. I  used to fish Cody Ranch before it was apart of PWF.  Every single time i have been here i have never left disappointed.  All these lakes have double digit bass in them.  When i used to fish them 3 years ago, double digit bass were caught each year.  Any of the lakes on this property will not you let down.  You guys need to get up here and check this place out!

Posted By: Danny Renfro

Sep 23 2015

Jackson Bean

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

What a fantastic report.  Those are some huge fish, especially for the month of August.  Your five fish bag was one for the record books. 

Thanks for posting. 

Sep 23 2015

Tom Dillon

Toad

Number of Posts :

Congratulations, Danny! You had a terrific couple of days up there. I knew I should have fished Hart instead of Moonshine on my last trip! Congrats for you DD PB, too!

Sep 24 2015

Chris Casner

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Great day of catching, congrats on PB.

Sep 25 2015

Dale Pybus

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

I must admit that I've been reluctant because of the ride. 

I'm in now.

Sep 26 2015

Danny Renfro

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

I have fished moonshine several times and haven’t had much look with the big ones.  My dad loves moonshine, he caught a 8lber out of there a couple years back.  And I know a 11.86 was caught and several 10’s.  This was all about 3 year’s ago.  I have my better luck at the smaller lakes.  I think they all house 10lb fish though.