Bluebird skies at Waco Creek means lockjaw

Oct 07 2015

William Fetech

Toad

Number of Posts :

Fellow PWF member Steve Carpenter and I fished Saba on October 6th from 8AM until around 2:30 PM. Steve caught a 5# almost immediately on a buzz bait and I had several good hits on a frog. I switched to a buzz and caught a 3#. Then the sky cleared and we did not have a solid strike the rest of the day. We tried deep, shallow, timber, open water with multiple lures (fast and slow). The weather just shut down the bite. Of course the day before was completely overcast and temps not nearing 90 degrees. 

The updates to the lodge were nice. Plan to return in the spring. It looks like there is  newer boat and it was in excellent condition. 

Bill Fetech 

Posted By: William Fetech

Oct 09 2015

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Major bummer. Waco Creek is better than that. I have had my best fishing days on cloudy summer days. I love this lake in mid may through June on a cloudy day. I have fished here 5 or 6 times in mid may to June and was fortunate to catch it on cloudy days 3 times. Some of the best club fishing days I have ever had. I had one day where I caught 50+ with 6 over 7 lbs.

Oct 09 2015

William Fetech

Toad

Number of Posts :

Of the 3-4 times I have fished here, this was the least productive. Steve C and I both stated that morning we should have been here a day earlier. 

The two fish were very healthy and put up a fight. Nothing we can do about the weather.

Bill