2nd trip as a member- Great time on Boatwright

Feb 02 2016

Jerry Lamont

Fry

Number of Posts :

My twin brother and I have been looking for something like Private Water Fishing since we were discharged out of the Marine Corps several years ago.  This is the best decision we ever made and after only a few trips the only complaint we have is that we did not do this sooner.  I just wanted to say thank you to everyone associated with PWF and all of its members.  This is a great experience and we cant wait to take our family and some clients as we understand everything and fish with other members.

Now to the report and this is my first one.  We arrived around 7:00 am and got a little late start.  I must say, even as heavy as the winds were it was extremely comfortable to fish this out of our yaks being so protected by the pine trees.  Very quite, peaceful, and a great day on the water.  It took us a little while to figure out the lake, but when we did we caught some good numbers.  All were on the creek drifted with a Carolina rig on a pumpkin/chartreuse berkley power bait worm.  fished the banks with spinners, frogs, and weightless worms and had a few bites, but no success.  Probably to cold to fish that shallow..  we didn’t start catching fish till 1:00, but we hauled in 10 in an hour.  We did not harvest any because we are so new to this, but after reading reports i understand its something we should do and will go forward.  i know with more time on this lake we will do much better.  Overall great experience and we cant wait for the next one.  Tight Lines

Posted By: Jerry Lamont

Feb 02 2016

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Jerry,

Welcome!!! I'm glad you and Mel had a great first experience. What a great testimony to what PWF! We are flattered by your kind words.

We pulled out 151 bass in 2015. We would like to remove 400 bass 14 inches and smaller in 2016. Harvesting the small bass gives more food (bluegill) to feed the remaining bass population,. Food is usually the largest single limiting factor to growing fish. Lots goes into it and one solution does not fit all; so harvesting is NOT universal.  Our catch rates will fall at Kennard, but the size of the fish will increase. We are looking for that happy medium.

Feb 03 2016

Mel Lamont

Fry

Number of Posts :

Great concept and great Customer Service!  Cant wait for our next trip!

"follow the rules and catch a lot of fish"!

Just for you Steve!