Fun afternoon at Cody Ranch

Feb 21 2016

Danny Renfro

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

I had to take advantage of the weather this week here in Oklahoma. I made a afternoon trip down to Cody Ranch, Hart Lakes.  I got on the lower hart at noon.  I caught 12 fish on the lower hart. Harvested 6 of them.  The biggest was a 6lber, i had 2 in the 3-4 lb range, and the other 3 were around 2 lbs. 

The temperature, was great yesterday.  The bad thing was the Oklahoma wind was out in full force.  I'm used to fishing in 10-20mph wind, don't bother me, but yesterday the wind was a steady 25+ mph.  both lakes were white capping at times. 

When i got on the upper hart around 3:30, the wind really picked up.  Even with my anchor, i was being blown all over the lake.  I still managed to catch 8.  Harvested 3.  Biggest was 3 lbs.

I did get to meet fellow PWF members, Phillip and Forrest yesterday.  Really nice guys. Look forward to getting on  the water sometime with them. 

Besides the wind, being horrible.  The bite was steady. I caught all my fish on a Huddleston Deluxe Swimbait, and a Molix Lover Chatterbait. 

Posted By: Danny Renfro

Feb 21 2016

Tom Dillon

Toad

Number of Posts :

Way to go, Danny -  Nice bass, and thanks for the report. I think that we'll do better than that in east Texas! What was the water temperature on the Harts?

Feb 21 2016

Phillip D. Chapin

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

hey Danny it was great to run into you saturday at Cody Ranch,, real nice talking to ya.. dont forget my suggestion to hit Marshall some day… and man that wind was something wasnt it???  it blew 25+ and never let up.. hope to run into you again or hit a lake together somtime.. OH!! ya gotta get ya a boat like mine that you saw me with.. it helped some in that wind

Feb 21 2016

Danny Renfro

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Tom, i failed to get the water temp. I know that Phillip was on twin lakes, and moonshine.  He might have got the temps. on those lakes.  I'm looking forward to that trip in April!

Feb 21 2016

Danny Renfro

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

I was hoping that the wind was going to let up later in the evening, but it never did.  I do like that set up you have.  Yes, marshall is on my list now.