3/19/16- Cody Ranch- cold and windy, but worth it...

Mar 20 2016

Chad Bisbee

Fry

Number of Posts :

My Dad and I fished Peach Creek and Crabgrass on 3/19/16.  38 degrees and windy when we started at 7:45 AM on Peach Creek.  My Dad caught a 7 pounder right away on a watermelon green weightless swim senko on the south end of the dam, pictured.  The wind only increased and it was bright sun all day, never getting above 56.  We added a 3.5 on a Texas rigged lizard, a 2-3/4 lb bass on a wacky rigged senko, and a couple that were about 15", no harvest fish under 14" boated all day.  Water was clear and the bite slowed as the day went on.  At 2pm, we moved to Crabgrass and water was very clear, we only caught one two pounder in 3 and a half hours.  Cold, tough day, but the first fish of the day, spot on 7lbs on the boga grip, made the cold, windy day well worth it.  My stick it anchor really saved the day once winds stayed 20+.  Mr. Cody stopped to say hello, and was very nice as usual.  

Posted By: Chad Bisbee

Mar 20 2016

Danny Renfro

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Chad, what kind of boat were you guys fishing out of?

Mar 20 2016

Chad Bisbee

Fry

Number of Posts :

I have a 15 ft Jon boat that we have decked and added chairs to.  It's not real stable on the bow, but light enough for two to hand launch if you pull out the batteries.  Has a iPilot controlled power drive v2 motor on the front and a tiller trolling motor on back.  Not the most stable boat but can launch it anywhere, and it fishes well with the two motors.  I do recommend the Stick-It shallow water anchors for fighting the wind in small boats, they work really well in muddy bottom lakes.  

Mar 20 2016

Chad Bisbee

Fry

Number of Posts :

Mar 21 2016

Greg Almond

Fry

Number of Posts :

Great report!  It's one of those up and down springs for sure.

Mar 21 2016

steve carpenter

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Chad:

What is a stick it shallow water anchor.

Thank you

Mar 21 2016

Chad Bisbee

Fry

Number of Posts :

http://t.basspro.com/Stick-It-Anchor-Pin-System/product/1308170621386/

the link is to the stick it anchor on bass pro's site.  If it doesn't work, just search it on their site.  It's just a shallow water anchor that sticks in the bottom and you tie up t o it.  We were able to use it to anchor in an area and cast around us before picking up and moving, on a day where you would never turn the trolling motor off otherwise.

-Chad

Mar 22 2016

steve carpenter

Keeper

Number of Posts :

thank you