Family relaxing at Hidden Springs-Laneville

Mar 21 2016

Ned Peller

Fry

Number of Posts :

For my 8 year old Goddaughter's Maddy's birthday, I took her, her mom, and her maternal grandparents to Hidden Springs Ranch on Friday. Originally booked for just one night but upon arrival my little girl was SO excited and loved the place so much we extended it through Sunday. Awesome amenities. 

Maddy and I fished Friday afternoon for about 1 hour then Saturday for a few hours and despite the horrid cold front coming through we fished for a couple of hours Sunday AM in 25 mph northern gusts. So proud of her that not only did she not let the bad weather affect her she beat me fishing Sunday AM!!

Between us Saturday we had about a 19 lb 5 fish bag Saturday. The biggest was 6 lb. 1 oz. caught on a 5" watermelon senko with chartreuse tail. It was in about 3 feet of water 20 yards left of the pier in front of Chris's cabin.  Total caught over the weekend was ~40 fish, We ended up culling about 12 "sick" fish that were under 12" (told Maddy they were sick so had to take them out of the lake as not to get the other fish sick).

Posted By: Ned Peller