Fish spread out

Mar 26 2016

Greg Almond

Fry

Number of Posts :

Fished Home place Friday -  the lake is one of the best looking you could imagine!  Finally had a day with less than 25 mph wind.  Caught 22 bass very scattered as I caught them from 2 ft to 18 ft.  No bigs as the largest was 5 pounds,but they were all solid and so strong.  I will admit I called for the net on I a 4 pounder.  It didn't have any thing to do with being hung up, it's was just that I stuck this fish and it moved so rapidly toward deeper water it moved like a salt water fish.  Caught them on lizards, chatter bait and crank baits.  Took a large part of time fishing a big swim bait and didn't get bit.  Think I will hit it again today.

Posted By: Greg Almond

Mar 28 2016

Neil Walker

Fry

Number of Posts :

22 was WAY better than we did at Hat and Star.  It was nice having winds under 10mph.  But I think, in many cases, the worse the weather/wind, the better the fishing…...if you can stand it!  I guess we were in that post spawn recovery mode.  I’ve read that females will go without eating for several weeks after the spawn.  That seems like a long time for a fish to go without eating.