Cody Ranch Group Trip

Apr 10 2016

Zach Milwood

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Hello Everyone,

For those that were unable to make this group trip, I hate that you missed out on the best group of guys you could ever hope to fish with and swap stories with.  We had an outstanding time, great food and fellowship, and oh yeah, we caught a few fish!  I don't have a total number of fish caught, but between the 10 of us, we harvested 115 fish.  Everyone kicked in and brought plenty of food, drinks and snacks, so we never experienced hunger on this trip!  Thanks to all the guys for cooking, cleaning, fileting, frying, washing dishes, and overall helping out.  Made it so enjoyable for everyone.

One thing I failed to do is to take more pictures, but here are three I do have.  First is Paul Milwood with a nice 7-2 caught from the bank.  Second is Chris Edwards with a nice 7-4 caught from his kayak at Lower Hart, and last is my first fish of the trip, a 7-12 caught from the bank of South Twin! 

Tight lines,

Zach

Posted By: Zach Milwood

Apr 10 2016

Tom Dillon

Toad

Number of Posts :

It's a shame the weather drove us off today, but it was a fun trip anyway, especially with Seth joining us. Thank you for hosting it, Zach!

Apr 10 2016

Marty Newman

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

How was the fishing in North Twin?  Last couple of times I fished it was really muddy and slow fishing.  Improving any yet?

Apr 11 2016

Bryan Durrett

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Chris Edwards and I fished Sat on Moonshine. We boated at least 100 fish mostly on green lizards and took about a 1.5 hour mid day break to eat and nap some.The typical fish was probably 1.5 pounds. Fish were schooling first thing on the water which made locating the fish a snap. I fished Moonshine 1.5 days and my largest was a 3.6. The fellowship and food were great on this trip. I hope to attend more group events like this one. That Tom Dillon is a fishing machine and put us young bucks to shame on the the water by the way. Go Tom. Hope you slay they at Yates this week!

Apr 11 2016

Zach Milwood

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Hey Marty,

Sorry you couldn't make the trip this time!  Richard Albert and I both fished North Twin, and if I remember correctly most of the catches were dinks.  Fish were in the shallows and hitting mostly on topwater. 

Apr 11 2016

Chris Edwards

Fry

Number of Posts :

Has anyone said this was a great trip yet? I fished Lower Hart on Friday and the top water bite was on all day. I caught 4 fish over 5 and 3 were on a Pop-R. The fishing there is tough because of the timber. Braided line saved me at least two big fish. I lost at least two more big fish in timber. Bryan and I really killed smaller fish in Moonshine on Saturday with the bite pretty steady all day on Plastics. I will remember this trip for a while for the fishing and great fellowship. 

Tight Lines!

Apr 12 2016

Jackson Bean

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Sounds like a great trip guys!

Apr 12 2016

Phillip D. Chapin

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Hey Zach,, i see you Pro120 in the pictures.. are you still enjoying it? and why yall fishing from bank?? Too Windy?

Apr 14 2016

James Stewart

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

you guys are killing me; sounds like a great trip.   can't wait until i retire in another year….

Apr 20 2016

Zach Milwood

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Oh yeah, still loving my Pro120!  Made some more modifications to it, so all is good!  The only issue is launching and then getting it back on the trailer.  As for why I fished from the bank, I'm usually so anxious to wet a line that I fish from the bank as soon as I get to a property, just to see if anyone's home yet!  That's what happened with that 7-12; my third cast since arriving at the ranch and she nailed it at the edge of the lily pads!  Hadn't even gotten to put the boat in yet.  :-)

Sorry you weren't able to make it - we definitely need to hit a property together this season!

Z