Cody Ranch Group Trip Part Deux!

Aug 31 2016

Zach Milwood

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Hello!  We are putting together another group trip to the beautiful Cody Ranch property in OK.  For those who haven't been before, you're missing out.  8 different lakes to choose from, two lodging options, and just a great place to visit.  However, there is something special about our group trips that we do annually.  We are granted access to ALL lakes on the property - not just 2, which is how the normal reservation works.  But even better this time, for our group trip we now have a "package deal".  This is the first time we have been able to offer full access to the lakes, plus lodging, for one fixed rate.  And what a bargain it is!  For a flat $300, you get to fish Friday afternoon, all day Saturday, AND all day Sunday, plus lodging at either place (The Cabin or the Lodge) for both Friday and Saturday nights, and tax is included.  I personally think that's a great deal for a weekend out fishing with the guys.  You can't put a true price tag on making great memories, but for me personally, $300 is more than worth it.

We had a group trip in April of this year, and what a wonderful trip it was.  Had several fish over 6lbs caught, harvested over 100 and had a fantastic fish fry, and had some great fellowship with our fellow PWF members.  Sounds like a beer commercial - "Guys, it just doesn't get any better than this!"  :-)

So here are the details.  Our fall group trip will be Sep 30th-Oct 2nd.  You can fish as long as you want, or as little as you want, but the cost is still the same.  I will again be coordinating the trip.  There are a total of 10 anglers that the lodging can hold, so that is the limit of people on this trip.  Slots go quickly, so please contact me if you're interested.  I maintain a "wait list" as well, since there are always drop outs.  Looking forward to getting back out on the water, meeting new members and seeing old friends again.

Zach Milwood

zachmilwood@gmail.com

214-632-6432

Posted By: Zach Milwood

Aug 31 2016

William Fetech

Toad

Number of Posts :

Zach. What is the boat situation?

I could bring my kayak, but it is a long trip from San Antonio. 

Also, if anyone who is interested lives along I-35, maybe we can carpool. 

Bill Fetech

Sep 01 2016

Danny Renfro

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

This is a heck of a deal! If i didn’t have a date with Yates place, i would be all over it.  Lol i fish cody ranch about every other weekend.  When i fish a full day i can usually expect to catch a fish in the 6-8lb range.  I have had numerous trips where i have caught atleast 2 fish in that range.  My PB came from cody ranch 10lbs 5oz.  I have missed a few in there that would challenge that.  I know there are fishing pushing 12lbs if not more in these lakes.  I would take advantage of this if i had a chance.  Tight lines fellas.

Sep 01 2016

Bryan Durrett

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Danny, which lake would you suggest for the larger fish? I caught great numbers last trip but nothing large. It was a blast in any event! Great food, drinks, and friendships.

Sep 01 2016

Zach Milwood

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Hello Bill,

I usually coordinate the boat situation after we have our group of 10 locked down.  Some members brought their kayaks or bass busters last spring, and others had two man boats.  Wish I could give a more definitive answer, but I can't at this moment.  Also, don't forget that PWF has added jon boats to many properties recently, including Cody Ranch.  There is one at the Twins, and one at the Harts.  So all you have to do is bring a trolling motor and battery, or just a paddle if you don't want to mess with that.  But we will coordinate all of that when we get the group set. 

Sep 01 2016

Danny Renfro

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

I think all the lakes have big fish.  I personally like the Hart Lakes, Peach Creek, and Moonshine.  Peach Creek fishes slower then the Hart lakes.  I know alot of members like South Twin. Tom Dillon lost a monster in south twin earlier this summer, and Phillip Chaplin has caught a 9+ from there.  You do have to fight threw some smaller fish, but most of the time it will pay off with a bigger fish.

Sep 03 2016

Bryan Durrett

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

I spent all my time on Moonshine last trip. Caught over 100 but nothing larger than 2 pounds last trip. Lots of action on perfecting artificial plastics and hook setting I can tell you. Mr. Fletech, you are welcome to share my 10 foot Pelican as my fishing partner will be out of town that weekend. Has batteries, TM, but no graph right now. Not really needed there anyway.

Sep 04 2016

William Fetech

Toad

Number of Posts :

Bryan. Thanks for the offer to share your boat. 

Zach. Thanks again for doing all the work to set this up. We just scheduled our late summer vacation and we are returning just before this trip so I will not be able to attend. Keep me on the list for the spring.

Bill Fetech 

Sep 05 2016

Zach Milwood

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Hello Guys,

Still have one slot available, although that can still change as we get closer to the date.  I have a waitlist going for those that can't fully commit at this moment.  Thanks!