Lake Julian 9/7/16

Sep 07 2016

Joe V. Smith

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Fished with another member Wednesday morning. Caught 18 bass,1 crappie,1 catfish and 18 small bream. 5 of the bass were 3 lbs and only 2 were small enough to be removed.The grass has died off in this lake from top to bottom the same as it has in two other lakes I have fished in the last three weeks.Visibility was 18".

Caught five of the bass early along the shore line with flukes and weightless yum dingers. The others were 30 yards out on texas and caroline rigged worms.Both red shad and a purple worm worked the best

The grass was not a problem because it has died out.

Posted By: Joe V. Smith

Sep 07 2016

Phillip D. Chapin

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Just curious, i remember this lake to have lots of grass,, isnt it a little early to die off? or has it been treated?

Sep 08 2016

Joe V. Smith

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Fished Twin Lake (east) June 15 and grass was dead top to bottom.I thing the owned was involved/treated. 

Aug 15th Alysha & Sept Julian both had total grass died off.I do not think that the owners were involved.Maybe all the rains late in the summer washed something into the lakes.

Lake Side is high and the grass is not covering the surface but below, the grass is healthy.High water likely has kept ahead of the grass.