SEE OUR LISTINGS OF

Exclusive Lake Properties

Enjoy Amazing Bass Fishing as a member of Private Water Fishing.

APPLY FOR MEMBERSHIP
Nov 06 2016 #1

jeff babione

Fry

Number of Posts : 12

Property :
Home Place Lake: Heartland 10-10 Ranch, Marshall

Disappointed at Heartland

Fished from dawn to about 3:00pm   conditions near perfect, over cast and 70.  Lots of fish probably 40 between the two of us.  But all small.  Largest 2-9.  Crank baits and Senko wacky rigged.  

Posted By: jeff babione
Nov 08 2016 #2

Jason Grant

Fingerling

Number of Posts : 85

40 sounds pretty good to me

Nov 08 2016 #3

Jackson Bean

Slot Fish

Number of Posts : 225

Hey Jeff,

My experience has been that you need to find the nastiest wad of cover you can imagine and at Heartland that's quite a scene.  The big girls should be more tucked into the thick, matted junk. 

Next time put a really heavy weight on some 50 or 65 pound braid and punch through the thick stuff with a craw or beaver style bait and see if you get the results you're looking for. 

I'm headed out there in a couple of weeks for some combat fishing myself. 

Tight lines,

Jackson

Nov 08 2016 #4

Shayne Wallace

Fingerling

Number of Posts : 98

Guys!  This is a testament as to how lucky we really are!  40 anywhere is a dang good day.  But at PWF it is considered an off day.  The first time I fished HomePlace the wind blew me around like a pinball bouncing off the trees and stick ups. That particular day I would have been doing cartwheels with 40.  Haha!  Let’s take a second to thank Steve and his wife and Seth for the properties they find to spoil us with. 

Nov 08 2016 #5

jeff babione

Fry

thanks Jackson for the advice.   So much of the lake fits your description not sure were to start!

Nov 08 2016 #6

jeff babione

Fry

I can catch 20 dinks in the local golf course pond down the street.  This was a 7 hour round trip drive plus a hotel stay for me.  I broke a rod and the trolling motor went out in the early afternoon, so we had to paddle back in.   Given the write ups I had higher expectations for my success.  Wasn't blaming the facility.    

Nov 11 2016 #7

Phillip D. Chapin

Slot Fish

Number of Posts : 227

Jeff im an old club member and spend about 1- 2 trips a year at Marshall10/10, and when i read your post the first thing that popped up for me was the fishing with "crank baits".. its been my experience that if i was able to be fishing a crankbait on any of 10/10s lakes ,, im in the wrong area… look at Dr Beans post and it will give ya a little insight into 10/10.. now i may be wrong but i have yet to fish an area of 10/10 that would allow me to throw crankbaits,, try sticking to the sloppy mess on Marshal and hope it helps with your next trip

Nov 13 2016 #8

jeff babione

Fry

super thanks

Footer Logo