Disappointed at Heartland

Nov 06 2016

jeff babione

Fry

Number of Posts :

Fished from dawn to about 3:00pm   conditions near perfect, over cast and 70.  Lots of fish probably 40 between the two of us.  But all small.  Largest 2-9.  Crank baits and Senko wacky rigged.  

Posted By: jeff babione

Nov 08 2016

Jason Grant

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

40 sounds pretty good to me

Nov 08 2016

Jackson Bean

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Hey Jeff,

My experience has been that you need to find the nastiest wad of cover you can imagine and at Heartland that's quite a scene.  The big girls should be more tucked into the thick, matted junk. 

Next time put a really heavy weight on some 50 or 65 pound braid and punch through the thick stuff with a craw or beaver style bait and see if you get the results you're looking for. 

I'm headed out there in a couple of weeks for some combat fishing myself. 

Tight lines,

Jackson

Nov 08 2016

Shayne Wallace

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Guys!  This is a testament as to how lucky we really are!  40 anywhere is a dang good day.  But at PWF it is considered an off day.  The first time I fished HomePlace the wind blew me around like a pinball bouncing off the trees and stick ups. That particular day I would have been doing cartwheels with 40.  Haha!  Let’s take a second to thank Steve and his wife and Seth for the properties they find to spoil us with. 

Nov 08 2016

jeff babione

Fry

Number of Posts :

thanks Jackson for the advice.   So much of the lake fits your description not sure were to start!

Nov 08 2016

jeff babione

Fry

Number of Posts :

I can catch 20 dinks in the local golf course pond down the street.  This was a 7 hour round trip drive plus a hotel stay for me.  I broke a rod and the trolling motor went out in the early afternoon, so we had to paddle back in.   Given the write ups I had higher expectations for my success.  Wasn't blaming the facility.    

Nov 11 2016

Phillip D. Chapin

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Jeff im an old club member and spend about 1- 2 trips a year at Marshall10/10, and when i read your post the first thing that popped up for me was the fishing with "crank baits".. its been my experience that if i was able to be fishing a crankbait on any of 10/10s lakes ,, im in the wrong area… look at Dr Beans post and it will give ya a little insight into 10/10.. now i may be wrong but i have yet to fish an area of 10/10 that would allow me to throw crankbaits,, try sticking to the sloppy mess on Marshal and hope it helps with your next trip

Nov 13 2016

jeff babione

Fry

Number of Posts :

super thanks