Good day in Medina

Feb 18 2017

Andrew Dear

Fry

Number of Posts :

My son and I fished Gallant Elm in Medina on Sat. Feb 18th. Lake was DEAD CLAM when we got there, with a ton of fog….BEAUTIFUL piece of water! Went to the right of the boat ramp, and immediately picked one that was right at 14" up on a white Stanley spinnerbait. Continued to fish to the right of the ramp most of the morning, and picked up several more on red craw pattern KVD square lipped crankbait. Most of the fish came to the right of the ramp, but we did catch 3 or four on the shoreline across form the ramp as well. We actually caught fish on a bunch of different lures…hula grubs, white swim jigs, baby bass rat-l- traps. From 7-12 they would hit just about anything, after noon it was hard to buy a strike. In total we boated 12 fish, 4 of which were right at the 14" mark….8 smaller dinks taken home for dinner. Probably lost 6 more…in fact my son had a nice 2 pounder on, and when he got it to the boat there was one about twice that size following him in. Met the property owners, who were nice folks, and we expressed how much we appreciated them working with PWF. They seem very interested in making this lake a trophy producer, as the wife reiterated two times during the conversation,  "TAKE THE SMALL ONES OUT!"...lol.

Posted By: Andrew Dear