Great day 25 Mar 2017

Mar 26 2017

Nicholas Borowski

Fry

Number of Posts :

Decided to give Bushy Creek a try as my first property to fish since I'm new.

I booked a full day and was out at sunrise.  I threw everything—-spinnerbaits, top water yo-zuri, Rat-L-Trap, no bites at all except for one on a spinnerbait which I missed.  I tried upriver at first with no luck then decided to work my way to the dam.  Right before the dam, I decided to use a Texas rigged Motoroil power worm and began getting into the fish.  Motoroil plastics have never failed me as there's something about that color fish like—-it's almost like it "glows" in the water.  

After passing the dam, I began working my way back on the opposite bank and got into more fish at various spots.  Once I was back the boat launch, I decided to work the entire lake again—-this time, with a Carolina rigged motoroil lizard.  This enabled me to cover a LOT more ground much quicker and I ended up catching the biggest fish of the day on this—-4 to 5 pounder.

Overall, I landed 9 fish—average being 2-3 pounders.  Lost another 3 or so. The fish surprised me as they put up some good fights and all looked healthy.  The key was using a light weight and slow presentation for me.  I would've stayed at the lake all day but packed up at 1 pm as I accidentally stepped on and sheared my trolling motor connector so I had to pack it in early.  I really wish I had more time as the action was fairly consistent once I moved to plastics.

Posted By: Nicholas Borowski

Mar 29 2017

Andrew Dear

Fry

Number of Posts :

Thanks for posting this Nicholas…my son and I are looking at Brushy Creek Next month sometime. If you ever want to hit Escondido in Castroville, and want a partner, gimme a shout!

Andy

Mar 29 2017

William Fetech

Toad

Number of Posts :

Same for me. 

Bill Fetech 

Mar 29 2017

Nicholas Borowski

Fry

Number of Posts :

Thanks all, will definitely keep you both in mind.  Going to Escondido on sunday and weather isn't looking good…we shall see how it goes!