Good day at Laneville

Mar 27 2017

Bruce Bernard

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

I got a chance to fish the beautiful Hidden Springs Ranch in Laneville this last Saturday.  Bass were active and the weather could not have been nicer.  The bass wanted a medium retrieve on flukes and such and wanted a stop and go retrieve on crankbaits.  No luck on lizards, worms, rage craw etc.  I had good luck on topwaters but they were slurping them under vs crushing them.  You could barely tell they were hitting them at all. Most of the better fish were on the outside edge of the weed line.  I was able to catch a good number of bass with some nice ones added in the mix.  a couple of dinks otherwise mostly solid fish.  Only about a third of the fish were culls.  It was a great day to be out.  I did get a chance to visit with the landwoner and family, very good people.  This property has always been one of the most beautiful on the club.  The management practices are really paying off here and the quality of the fish has really improved.  IF you want to catch a lot of fish and have a chance at a trophy on every cast, Hidden Springs Ranch in Laneville is your place.

Posted By: Bruce Bernard