Fished 3/31/17 AM

Apr 01 2017

Billy Morton

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

My 12 year old son and I fished Alysha Ranch from 7am - 12p in our 10' bass buster boat. Launching by hand was fairly easy, there is a bit of mud from the storm and cows but it wasn't too bad. The dock is in decent shape and we used it to pack and unpack everything from the boat.Weather was a bit chilly 52 degrees early and climbed to around 84 degrees by noon, winds out of the south around 10-15 mph. Slightly cloudy the first part of the morning and then the sun came out shortly after and climbed as normal. The water was murky, probably from the previous storm that blew by a couple days before. The north side of the lake (shallow side) was almost muddy, maybe 1-2" of visibility, while the south side was probably closer to 6". The lake is filled with grass, I would say at least 50 percent of it, and its tough to fish because of this, the north side is pretty much unfishable. 

We started with top water early in the morning, with whopper plopper, yellow magic, and a rat, with all three producing one fish each. After this we went to several other baits, plastics, cranks, spinners, and the plastics were the only producers. Everything else pulled up grass on every cast and was not easily fished without doing so. 

We found the fish pretty close to the edge of the water, in shallow water. Some were a little deeper, a couple feet from the bank but most were shallow and they liked chartreuse worms. We boated around 17 bass with only one of those being under the slot. All others were around 1 - 3 pounds. Not a bad lake for numbers but the grass really makes this place tough. Definitely needs to have some grass control added somehow.

All in all, not a bad property or outing for us.

Posted By: Billy Morton