Mini-tournament at Heartland 10-10, March 31 - April 2

Apr 06 2017

Brian Craft

Fry

Number of Posts :

What a wonderful property!  I was able to pull together a mini-tournament for friends and family at Heartland 10-10 and we had a blast.  7 guys, three boats, three lakes, for three days.  Tommy, Sharon, and Craig are wonderful host and helped us find the fish.  It was my first time to the property and we were able to fish Homeplace, Beaver, and Leaky.  The fish were held tight to timber and spawn was virtually over.  Threw just about everything with most success coming on a Yellow Magic in Bone, Booyah spinnerbait in chartreuse/white, texas-rigged senko in watermelon, and square bill crank in shad.  Never caught fish on the  banks or the lily pads.  Our boat won the tournament with a bag of 24.2 lbs.  Sunday morning turned out to be the best….heavy rain was predicted but held off until around 10.  About 9 that morning the wind picked up, thunder started clapping, and we went to work with a Yellow Magic in the timber, middle of the lake on Leaky.  I was able to land a 4.2, 4.9, and 7.6 within 30 minutes of each other.  Not sure who in this forum mentioned Yellow Magic and their favorite color but thank you buddy!

Heartland 10-10 is a special place.  A sincere Thank You to the guys at PWF for the opportunities ya'll have set up for the members.

Brian

Posted By: Brian Craft