Epic Day at Dogwood

Jun 22 2017

Steve Wright

Fry

Number of Posts :

We were able to easily launch our two 21 foot fiberglass boats and fished the entire day on Saturday June 17th.  We launched early and hit the dam with some top waters.  Per club rules we had to cull under 16 inches.  We threw yellow magics and square bills early and caught 2 fish under 16 in 5 casts.  Good start.  We worked our way up north and shallow on the edges with soft plastics, wackies, brush hogs and swim baits.  All greens worked as well as blue/black flecks.  We hit all of the visible brush piles and cover and then went deeper though the middle creek.  All in all we caught around 60-70 fish and culled well over 40 to take home and eat.  Very productive day.  The slower the better on the soft plastics and deeper was better.

About 9-10 o'clock is when the monster's came out and starting attacking to make it an EPIC Day.  Terry ripped into an 8 lb 15 oz, then 19 minutes later Jeff landed the 9 lb 2 oz and then we strolled on over and I lost a 10 lber, but could not get him through the cover:) and then Andrew got hung up on a 6 llber in the brush piles which we patiently dug out and netted professionally.  Epic Day for the catcher's and Epic Loss for me, which motivates me to go back.  I have fished many PWF lakes and by far this is one of the most pristine properties and drive up and well worth the few extra dollars for the memory of a lifetime.  Come on you can't take it with you, but I will have this memory even in heaven and this is a close to heaven!as you get on earth!

Posted By: Steve Wright

Jun 23 2017

Keith Barfield

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Epic day indeed Steve.  Congratulations to you all!  What did you catch the big ones on?

Jun 25 2017

Chris Casner

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Good looking fish, congrats.

Jun 26 2017

Tom Dillon

Toad

Number of Posts :

Congratulations on the big girls, Steve - and I can cry with you on your loss.